Recipe and photo courtesy of What Runs Lori
Post-Hike Paleo Breakfast Bake
[Paleo. Gluten-free. Dairy Free. Easy]
Makes 6 servings in an 8×8 glass Pyrex baking dish. Adapted from ScrawnyWOD’s Paleo Breakfast Casserole.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 lb leftover turkey burger, crumbled (um… from our dinner the night before) or any meat desired (leftovers, breakfast turkey sausage, tofu, anything- even more eggs)
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced (about 4 mushrooms)
- 3 tbsp onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp each, salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- goat cheese (optional for topping)
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients (except cheese), folding gently to incorporate all. Pour into a greased 8×8 glass Pyrex baking dish and sprinkle the top with goat cheese, if using.
Bake for 45 minutes. Serve and devour. With coffee.